Skip to main content

In Which the World Changes

Did I do the right thing?  Well, it's done now!  I've spent a lot of my time agonizing over this decision.  Three AM feedings are great for praying!!  I wanted so much to slam the door in their faces on my way out.  I wanted a safety net to step into.  I look back over everything that transpired since I was initially put on bed rest, 12/31/2010, and I know without a doubt that I was treated unfairly and yes, discriminated against.  Unfortunately I can't prove it.  But even if I could, I no longer have the heart to put up a fight.  God has softened me and reminded me that He will give me the justice that they will not.  He has reminded me that He is my safety net; our Provider.  


Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? ~ Matthew 6: 25-27
 So now this day is about being faithful; listening to God and diligently seeking His kingdom.  I'm not worried.  In fact, now that it's done I feel a tremendous sense of peace.  I cannot give in to doubt.  


In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indiana is standing at a large cavern.  He must make a leap of faith to get to the other side where the Holy Grail awaits him.  I've often wondered why he doesn't take a stone or a handful of dirt and throw it out in the expanse.  If he did, he would see sooner that there is a bridge, painted as an optical illusion.  But he doesn't.  Not until after he has taken a step and realized that he's not about to fall to his death.  That is the decision I made this weekend: to take the step without knowing how He'll get me across to the other side.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Grayson,

As I write this, you are about 18" long and 3.2 lbs. About the size of a head of lettuce.  We have approximately 8 weeks and 5 days to go before your scheduled debut.  But here's the fun of it. Daddy and I are planning a C-section, which is traditionally scheduled about a week before the due date. That makes the countdown 7 weeks.  Now we are also dealing with some blood pressure issues, and the doctors are just hoping to get us as far along as we can. The family is starting to take bets on when you will be born. Here is what's going on... Mommy's blood pressure is high.  It's staying around 140/80.  Since the first of the year, the doctors have had me on modified bed rest, meaning that I could get up and do a little around the house, but need to take it easy.  No going to work or hard partying ;0) It really hasn't been so bad. The first week I was able to do some work from home, which kept me busy.  Then last week Atlanta had a tremendous winter storm and

A Day in Jaime's Homeschool (ages 10, 6, and 4)

Our days in this season of life follow a very relaxed structure. Each day has such very different demands. While I would prefer to go with the flow, whatever that may be, my kids prefer a more defined plan. They like to know what to expect at any given moment. So our daily rhythm falls somewhere between these two extremes.  My day starts between 6:30 and 7:00 AM with coffee and my Bible. I love connecting through Hello Mornings because of its grace based approach to starting my day in submission to the Lord. Through accountability, community, and Bible study I get that flexible structure I need - a big theme in my life right now! My "early riser" (the four year old) will often join me on the couch while I read. My husband makes breakfast while I enjoy a second cup of coffee and supervise morning chores. By 9 AM he is out the door to work (except when he's not...because that would be too easy.) At this point I give my kids a warning that we will start our school day at 9

29 Reasons Why I Love James Raymond Hilton on this...the day of his birth!

1. He makes me laugh. 2. He lets me cry. 3. If it's important to me, it's important to him. 4. He put aside his professional aspirations to provide for our family. 5. He is Brooklyn's daddy. 6. He is Grayson's daddy. 7. He is humble. 8. He has a beautiful voice. 9. He uses his beautiful voice to glorify the Lord. 10. He got hooked on Brothers and Sisters and Psych while I was on bed rest, and let me talk about them like they were important events of my day. 11. His love of music, film, and television has broadend my horizons. 12. He dreams with me. 13. He trusts and supports my decisions. 14. He has a great eye for design (he's ARTISTIC...not that other thing!!) 15. He respects and loves my family. 16. He loves his family. 17. He has beautiful eyes!! 18. He knows everything!! (We would be millionaires by now if we could just play Million Dollar Money Drop!) 19. His enthusiasm and loyalty for the Packers has infected Brooklyn and I. 20. His hair wi