Skip to main content

In Which I Plan the Week's Menu

Here is our plan for the week of 2/20 - 2/26. 


Monday

  • Scrambled Eggs, Turkey Bacon, Fruit
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly Picnic, Finger Fruits and Veggies, Oatmeal Cookies
  • Chicken Stirfry
Tuesday
  • Toaster Strudel/Toast, Fruit
  • Sandwiches
  • Tacos
Wednesday
  • Cereal
  • Sandwiches
  • Penne Pasta Bake, salad
Thursday
  • Cereal
  • Lunch Out
  • Dinner Out -- OR Spaghetti with steamed veggies
Friday
  • Toaster Strudel/Toast
  • Leftovers
  • Personal Pizzas with steamed veggies
Saturday
  • Pancakes
  • Spinach Salad
  • Beans & Cornbread with steamed veggies
Sunday
  • Cereal
  • Lunch Out
  • Slow cooker chicken, new potatoes, steamed veggies/salad
I'm not sure which chicken I'll make in the slow cooker, so I may spend some time this week searching for something new for that. I may also scrap that whole idea and do something lite, depending on our community group plans for that day.

At some point this week I plan to try a new low GI Granola Bar recipe (the first was really good, but not as crunchy as I would like them to be, so we'll see how these work), and may make some more freezable baked oatmeal muffins since they are such a great, easy way for Grayson to have his cereal and fruit in the morning.   Brooklyn is going to buy her lunch all week, since she made such good choices when we tried it last week, and Grayson and I are going to work on giving up his mid-morning bottle (yikes!). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Which We March On

March comes in a like a lion, what else? Still the snow, never melts! (If you're singing along to Seven Brides...you're right!) Where did that saying come from anyone? I get it. February was so mild, it felt more like spring than winter. Then just before spring actually arrives we get our only significant snow of the season! We had a great overnight snowfall, a real snow day, the kind where everything actually closes (my favorite!). Everything should have closed the next day too because of the winds and the drifts. Downright dangerous! But we made it through, alright. Aside from the weather, March was a whirlwind of activity. Grayson's sixth birthday, Jonah opened at Sight and Sound, Piercing Word/King's Kid's rehearsals, and Ray's birthday all kept me pretty busy. We have one more week to go during which we have Madi's birthday celebration for her preschool class (her birthday is in June - don't ask), Brooklyn's Broadway Studio showcase, our...

A Day in Jaime's Homeschool (ages 10, 6, and 4)

Our days in this season of life follow a very relaxed structure. Each day has such very different demands. While I would prefer to go with the flow, whatever that may be, my kids prefer a more defined plan. They like to know what to expect at any given moment. So our daily rhythm falls somewhere between these two extremes.  My day starts between 6:30 and 7:00 AM with coffee and my Bible. I love connecting through Hello Mornings because of its grace based approach to starting my day in submission to the Lord. Through accountability, community, and Bible study I get that flexible structure I need - a big theme in my life right now! My "early riser" (the four year old) will often join me on the couch while I read. My husband makes breakfast while I enjoy a second cup of coffee and supervise morning chores. By 9 AM he is out the door to work (except when he's not...because that would be too easy.) At this point I give my kids a warning that we will start our school day at 9...

I'm Still 29 Until Monday, but...

...we had a really great day of celebration!  We started this morning with a girls only tea in celebration of Nana. Her birthday is the 16th, so we are quite accustomed to sharing our parties. Madi tore through a scone like there was no tomorrow and Brooklyn had so much fun dressing up with the hats and purses. It was a wonderful time and a delicious spread from Tea Leaves and Thyme! Birthday or not, I enjoy spending time with these people. The afternoon was spent mostly by myself. The adults were all out and about, doing their own things (Ray's "own thing" happened to be participating in a friend's flash mob marriage proposal at the Botanical Gardens!). Grayson and Madi took great naps. Brooklyn played. I worked on my meal plan/grocery lists for the April and even snuck in a 20 min yoga session!  We spent some time out in the beautiful (albeit yellowish green) spring weather, and then I went grocery shopping - by myself! Heaven!  Jenna brought my favorite Oli...