Skip to main content

In Which We Have Some Milestone Moments

Big things are happening in our house these days! 

Grayson's ever expanding vocabulary now demonstrates his growing comprehension of the world around him. For example, at first he would say "punky" (monkey) when we said it, purely mimicking  Now he can point them out in pictures (photos and drawings), by sound, and even by silly behavior. He knows when he is telling a joke and how people relate to him. Today he got in the car after school and told me, "I jump!". It was the first time he's told me what he did at school (as opposed to answering the yes or no questions I usually ask him). 

Madi is crawling! I was waiting to announce this for when she starts doing the traditional hands and knees crawling, but I'm not sure that day is ever going to come, and the point is that she is mobile! She roles and scoots and has now officially mastered the forward motion! She is now capable of seeing something she wants and successfully going after it! 

Meanwhile, Brooklyn just completed her first real audition for a professional theater company. It was a pretty big deal! She had to learn a song and sing with an accompanist, and had to go in to the audition alone. Plus, there is a very real chance that she will not get the part (we'll know officially in a few weeks). I'm so proud of her for working hard and facing her nerves. The director and staff were all very impressed with her, though I gathered from different comments that they will likely cast someone a little older. Then again, I've been wrong before! 

So there it is. The growing, changing, constantly forward motion of the Hilton brood. It's an exciting time to be the mother of these three!

Comments

  1. How did you not share on Sunday the "oh by the way BABY Madi is crawling"?!? I'll be in denial until I see it myself. Give Brooklyn a BIG hug from us! What an achievement already to just audition, I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Which We March On

March comes in a like a lion, what else? Still the snow, never melts! (If you're singing along to Seven Brides...you're right!) Where did that saying come from anyone? I get it. February was so mild, it felt more like spring than winter. Then just before spring actually arrives we get our only significant snow of the season! We had a great overnight snowfall, a real snow day, the kind where everything actually closes (my favorite!). Everything should have closed the next day too because of the winds and the drifts. Downright dangerous! But we made it through, alright. Aside from the weather, March was a whirlwind of activity. Grayson's sixth birthday, Jonah opened at Sight and Sound, Piercing Word/King's Kid's rehearsals, and Ray's birthday all kept me pretty busy. We have one more week to go during which we have Madi's birthday celebration for her preschool class (her birthday is in June - don't ask), Brooklyn's Broadway Studio showcase, our...

A Day in Jaime's Homeschool (ages 10, 6, and 4)

Our days in this season of life follow a very relaxed structure. Each day has such very different demands. While I would prefer to go with the flow, whatever that may be, my kids prefer a more defined plan. They like to know what to expect at any given moment. So our daily rhythm falls somewhere between these two extremes.  My day starts between 6:30 and 7:00 AM with coffee and my Bible. I love connecting through Hello Mornings because of its grace based approach to starting my day in submission to the Lord. Through accountability, community, and Bible study I get that flexible structure I need - a big theme in my life right now! My "early riser" (the four year old) will often join me on the couch while I read. My husband makes breakfast while I enjoy a second cup of coffee and supervise morning chores. By 9 AM he is out the door to work (except when he's not...because that would be too easy.) At this point I give my kids a warning that we will start our school day at 9...

I'm Still 29 Until Monday, but...

...we had a really great day of celebration!  We started this morning with a girls only tea in celebration of Nana. Her birthday is the 16th, so we are quite accustomed to sharing our parties. Madi tore through a scone like there was no tomorrow and Brooklyn had so much fun dressing up with the hats and purses. It was a wonderful time and a delicious spread from Tea Leaves and Thyme! Birthday or not, I enjoy spending time with these people. The afternoon was spent mostly by myself. The adults were all out and about, doing their own things (Ray's "own thing" happened to be participating in a friend's flash mob marriage proposal at the Botanical Gardens!). Grayson and Madi took great naps. Brooklyn played. I worked on my meal plan/grocery lists for the April and even snuck in a 20 min yoga session!  We spent some time out in the beautiful (albeit yellowish green) spring weather, and then I went grocery shopping - by myself! Heaven!  Jenna brought my favorite Oli...