Skip to main content

In Which We Are Three Weeks In

Wow. Three weeks old. Hard to believe. After my fluid pockets were drained, I felt a thousand times better and I sort of forgot exactly how bruised and battered my body still is. I may be feeling better, but I still hurt and need to take it easy. I actually think I'm doing pretty good finding that balance between resting and getting things done. Today I'm getting laundry done (with much help from mom and Ray!). My greatest challenge right now is eating (big surprise). I am making good choices, but I don't think I'm eating enough, considering that I am nursing and rebuilding and healing abdominal muscles. So that's me. The kids are doing well. I have to remember that they are still adjusting too. Grayson had a short night terror last night. I sat downstairs holding the monitor and cried right along with him. Brooklyn is sleeping with my mom while dad is out of town. I know we're going to pay for that later! Madi has decided she would prefer to sleep in someone's arms. I don't really blame her, but it makes for a somewhat uncomfortable and sleepless night. Ray is working hard, juggling his two jobs and rehearsals. Then most of his time at home is spent doing my bidding. I'm so, so thankful to have my mom. Her help has taken the pressure off of Ray so that he can go to work as much as possible and know that we are taken care of. Duty calls...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Which We March On

March comes in a like a lion, what else? Still the snow, never melts! (If you're singing along to Seven Brides...you're right!) Where did that saying come from anyone? I get it. February was so mild, it felt more like spring than winter. Then just before spring actually arrives we get our only significant snow of the season! We had a great overnight snowfall, a real snow day, the kind where everything actually closes (my favorite!). Everything should have closed the next day too because of the winds and the drifts. Downright dangerous! But we made it through, alright. Aside from the weather, March was a whirlwind of activity. Grayson's sixth birthday, Jonah opened at Sight and Sound, Piercing Word/King's Kid's rehearsals, and Ray's birthday all kept me pretty busy. We have one more week to go during which we have Madi's birthday celebration for her preschool class (her birthday is in June - don't ask), Brooklyn's Broadway Studio showcase, our...

A Day in Jaime's Homeschool (ages 10, 6, and 4)

Our days in this season of life follow a very relaxed structure. Each day has such very different demands. While I would prefer to go with the flow, whatever that may be, my kids prefer a more defined plan. They like to know what to expect at any given moment. So our daily rhythm falls somewhere between these two extremes.  My day starts between 6:30 and 7:00 AM with coffee and my Bible. I love connecting through Hello Mornings because of its grace based approach to starting my day in submission to the Lord. Through accountability, community, and Bible study I get that flexible structure I need - a big theme in my life right now! My "early riser" (the four year old) will often join me on the couch while I read. My husband makes breakfast while I enjoy a second cup of coffee and supervise morning chores. By 9 AM he is out the door to work (except when he's not...because that would be too easy.) At this point I give my kids a warning that we will start our school day at 9...

I'm Still 29 Until Monday, but...

...we had a really great day of celebration!  We started this morning with a girls only tea in celebration of Nana. Her birthday is the 16th, so we are quite accustomed to sharing our parties. Madi tore through a scone like there was no tomorrow and Brooklyn had so much fun dressing up with the hats and purses. It was a wonderful time and a delicious spread from Tea Leaves and Thyme! Birthday or not, I enjoy spending time with these people. The afternoon was spent mostly by myself. The adults were all out and about, doing their own things (Ray's "own thing" happened to be participating in a friend's flash mob marriage proposal at the Botanical Gardens!). Grayson and Madi took great naps. Brooklyn played. I worked on my meal plan/grocery lists for the April and even snuck in a 20 min yoga session!  We spent some time out in the beautiful (albeit yellowish green) spring weather, and then I went grocery shopping - by myself! Heaven!  Jenna brought my favorite Oli...