Skip to main content

In Which Ray Becomes Nicky


Meeting Nicky at Opening Night.
Can I just say, I love watching this guy perform!! 

Not the green one, the one hiding behind the puppet. I've been following his career for the last eight years and he just keeps getting better! He has a gift for bringing supporting characters to life in such a way that you are left wanting to know more of their story. He gives 100% commitment to his characters and his cast and crew.

I also love getting all the behind the scenes dirt - who likes/cant't stand who?, how was this decision made?, was that really funny but awkward moment supposed to happen like that? 

Acting is not an easy path, especially for a family man. I frequently feel like a single parent, and he's exhausted, juggling all these jobs (none of which seem to pay very well), his schedule is crazy erratic, and 90% of our planning conversations involve the phrase "Well, IF I get this role then..." . I often find myself wondering, is it worth it?

But when I see him on stage, I know that is what he is supposed to be doing. This is his element! So I hold out hope that the tough parts will get easier and that the great roles will keep coming in. 

I'm so proud of you Ray Hilton!


Comments

  1. Jaime, I love the way you champion your husband and his obvious giftings, even though it requires great faith and sacrifice for the whole family! We are praying that God binds you even more tightly together...through the struggles and through the triumphs. When you persevere, when you fight for each other, you show the world what He intended marriage to be. Proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Which We March On

March comes in a like a lion, what else? Still the snow, never melts! (If you're singing along to Seven Brides...you're right!) Where did that saying come from anyone? I get it. February was so mild, it felt more like spring than winter. Then just before spring actually arrives we get our only significant snow of the season! We had a great overnight snowfall, a real snow day, the kind where everything actually closes (my favorite!). Everything should have closed the next day too because of the winds and the drifts. Downright dangerous! But we made it through, alright. Aside from the weather, March was a whirlwind of activity. Grayson's sixth birthday, Jonah opened at Sight and Sound, Piercing Word/King's Kid's rehearsals, and Ray's birthday all kept me pretty busy. We have one more week to go during which we have Madi's birthday celebration for her preschool class (her birthday is in June - don't ask), Brooklyn's Broadway Studio showcase, our...

A Day in Jaime's Homeschool (ages 10, 6, and 4)

Our days in this season of life follow a very relaxed structure. Each day has such very different demands. While I would prefer to go with the flow, whatever that may be, my kids prefer a more defined plan. They like to know what to expect at any given moment. So our daily rhythm falls somewhere between these two extremes.  My day starts between 6:30 and 7:00 AM with coffee and my Bible. I love connecting through Hello Mornings because of its grace based approach to starting my day in submission to the Lord. Through accountability, community, and Bible study I get that flexible structure I need - a big theme in my life right now! My "early riser" (the four year old) will often join me on the couch while I read. My husband makes breakfast while I enjoy a second cup of coffee and supervise morning chores. By 9 AM he is out the door to work (except when he's not...because that would be too easy.) At this point I give my kids a warning that we will start our school day at 9...

I'm Still 29 Until Monday, but...

...we had a really great day of celebration!  We started this morning with a girls only tea in celebration of Nana. Her birthday is the 16th, so we are quite accustomed to sharing our parties. Madi tore through a scone like there was no tomorrow and Brooklyn had so much fun dressing up with the hats and purses. It was a wonderful time and a delicious spread from Tea Leaves and Thyme! Birthday or not, I enjoy spending time with these people. The afternoon was spent mostly by myself. The adults were all out and about, doing their own things (Ray's "own thing" happened to be participating in a friend's flash mob marriage proposal at the Botanical Gardens!). Grayson and Madi took great naps. Brooklyn played. I worked on my meal plan/grocery lists for the April and even snuck in a 20 min yoga session!  We spent some time out in the beautiful (albeit yellowish green) spring weather, and then I went grocery shopping - by myself! Heaven!  Jenna brought my favorite Oli...