Skip to main content

In Which Grayson is 8 Months Old!

Aren't raspberries just the sweetest little fruits? So tiny and delicate, but the certainly come with their own brand of sassy! But I digress...


Grayson you are 8 months old! While you do not yet crawl forward, you sure know how to get around! It's so much fun watching you move. Most recently you have started getting yourself from laying down to sitting up and it's made bed time much more entertaining! I watch you on the monitor, rolling and sitting, and playing in your crib, and then before I know it you are fast asleep! 


About a month ago we started struggling with breastfeeding. I worried that you were not getting enough and you were consistently waking up 2 or 3 times per night, very hungry. I gave in and started supplementing with formula. And then the day came when you rejected me completely! It's been a smooth transition to the bottle/solids full time and I am happy to report that you are sleeping much better at night! 


In our eight months together I have learned that you are adventurous yet cautious, a bundle of unstoppable energy, generally content with your life, and joy filled by your family. Everyone is looking forward to how you will enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas. If the previous months are any indication, I am sure it will be with gusto!! 


I took about 100 shots in this photo session, and this was the best I could get!

You were in constant motion!

And enjoying every minute of it!

Different day, but I love that both of you are smiling at me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Which We March On

March comes in a like a lion, what else? Still the snow, never melts! (If you're singing along to Seven Brides...you're right!) Where did that saying come from anyone? I get it. February was so mild, it felt more like spring than winter. Then just before spring actually arrives we get our only significant snow of the season! We had a great overnight snowfall, a real snow day, the kind where everything actually closes (my favorite!). Everything should have closed the next day too because of the winds and the drifts. Downright dangerous! But we made it through, alright. Aside from the weather, March was a whirlwind of activity. Grayson's sixth birthday, Jonah opened at Sight and Sound, Piercing Word/King's Kid's rehearsals, and Ray's birthday all kept me pretty busy. We have one more week to go during which we have Madi's birthday celebration for her preschool class (her birthday is in June - don't ask), Brooklyn's Broadway Studio showcase, our...

A Day in Jaime's Homeschool (ages 10, 6, and 4)

Our days in this season of life follow a very relaxed structure. Each day has such very different demands. While I would prefer to go with the flow, whatever that may be, my kids prefer a more defined plan. They like to know what to expect at any given moment. So our daily rhythm falls somewhere between these two extremes.  My day starts between 6:30 and 7:00 AM with coffee and my Bible. I love connecting through Hello Mornings because of its grace based approach to starting my day in submission to the Lord. Through accountability, community, and Bible study I get that flexible structure I need - a big theme in my life right now! My "early riser" (the four year old) will often join me on the couch while I read. My husband makes breakfast while I enjoy a second cup of coffee and supervise morning chores. By 9 AM he is out the door to work (except when he's not...because that would be too easy.) At this point I give my kids a warning that we will start our school day at 9...

I'm Still 29 Until Monday, but...

...we had a really great day of celebration!  We started this morning with a girls only tea in celebration of Nana. Her birthday is the 16th, so we are quite accustomed to sharing our parties. Madi tore through a scone like there was no tomorrow and Brooklyn had so much fun dressing up with the hats and purses. It was a wonderful time and a delicious spread from Tea Leaves and Thyme! Birthday or not, I enjoy spending time with these people. The afternoon was spent mostly by myself. The adults were all out and about, doing their own things (Ray's "own thing" happened to be participating in a friend's flash mob marriage proposal at the Botanical Gardens!). Grayson and Madi took great naps. Brooklyn played. I worked on my meal plan/grocery lists for the April and even snuck in a 20 min yoga session!  We spent some time out in the beautiful (albeit yellowish green) spring weather, and then I went grocery shopping - by myself! Heaven!  Jenna brought my favorite Oli...